Making Special Valentines Day Plans
Women can always tell if you put thought into Valentine’s Day or if you are just winging it. Careful planning will give her the message that she is special to you.
Things to Remember Before Valentine’s Day
Do something to remind you to plan early, such as writing a note.
Don’t wait until the last minute to prepare.
- Make dinner reservations.
- Preorder flowers.
- Get her a card before they are picked through.
- Arrange a babysitter yourself; don’t make her do it.
She needs to know that she knows that she is special to you, that she is your top priority.
Remember, you want to bring a smile to her face or a tear to her eye.
Do something so out of the ordinary that you surprise even yourself.
Special Valentine’s Day Plans
- Look through your wedding album together.
- Make her a Valentine’s card.
- Place a Valentine’s card under her pillow.
- Place a flower under her car windshield wiper.
- Hide a love note among a bouquet of flowers.
- Deliver a Valentine to her place of work.
- Leave notes that give clues to a restaurant where you are taking her.
- Blindfold her and take her to a nice dinner.
- Take the day off and spend it treating her like the special woman she is.
- Have breakfast, lunch and dinner by candlelight.
- Make a banner that says Happy Valentine’s Day.
- Give her a dozen red roses or a dozen of her favorite flowers.
- Make a CD of love songs that are special to the two of you.
- Write her a love letter or poem.
- Make a list of the reasons you fell in love with her.
- Take her on a picnic.
- Pray for her and your relationship together.
- Recreate your first date, proposal, or some other special moment.
- Commit yourself to her in some way: promise you will strive to live up to your wedding vows; to have more fun in the relationship; or to be more spiritually focused as a partner.
It’s the Simple Things that Matter…
- Kiss her hand the right way by lowering your lips to her hand.
- Whisper something loving in her ear.
- Wish her Happy Valentine’s Day first thing in the morning.
- Choose a Valentine’s Day card before they are picked through.
- Ask her to be your Valentine.
Mark Webb is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in private practice at South Georgia Psychiatric and Counseling Center in Valdosta. Mark Webb is also the author of How To Be A Great Partner and founder of Partner Focused Relationships™. Sign up for Mark Webb’s “Relationship Strategies” Ezine ($100 Value). Just visit his website at http://www.powerfulrelationshipadvice.com or https://www.therelationshipspecialist.com