9 Secrets That Will Make Your Wife Adore You
“No man was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave.” ~ Calvin Coolidge
1) Make Her Feel Special. This is a universal need of all women. Make your woman feel special. Make sure she feels like she is enough and that you desire only her. Treat her like a lady. Do things like getting the door for her, speak gently and spend time with her. Whether or not she is in your company, let your responses to other women be the same as if your wife were right there beside you. Honor your marriage and you will be greatly rewarded when you make your wife know that she is special to you.
2) Be Willing To Sacrifice For Her. If you ask a man whether or not he would be willing to step in front of an attacker if a gun was pointed at his wife; all men answer without hesitation; YES. He will proudly take a bullet for his wife. This is true even if they are on the verge of divorce. But this same guy won’t go to the beach with her because he hates the beach.
3) Put Her Needs Ahead Of Your Own. Some men are fundamentally flawed in that they are selfish. These men will never know what it means to have a great or even a good marriage. A husband of greatness does not mind putting his wife ahead of himself. He will put his wife above his mother and his children. If you want your wife to adore you, give her the attention and effort she deserves.
“Heaven will be no heaven to me if I do not meet my wife there.” ~ Andrew Jackson
4) Listen To Her Feelings. I know this is easier said than done. I consider listening to be an art form that if mastered will create an appreciation and respect that most people will never experience. Men generally are poor listeners because we take things too literally. You have to ignore the absolute language like the “always” and “nevers” when your woman is speaking. Search for the deeper message to her feelings. Wives are usually upset about something other than what seems to be going on. Look at her emotional statements as her need for understanding and support as opposed to making it about you.
“My most brilliant achievement was my ability to be able to persuade my wife to marry me.” ~ Winston Churchill
5) Give Up Your Right To Be Angry With Her. Make a commitment to yourself that you will stop getting angry with your wife and watch how the benefits start racking up. Your wife knows she isn’t perfect and will greatly appreciate you if you do not get upset with her. Most women don’t like people being angry with them anyway. Make your attitude as calm and poised as possible instead of intimidating or acting easily upset. She will see you as her Champion!
6) Watch Her Back. Don’t let your family talk bad about your wife. Not to her face or behind her back. While out in public; make her feel safe by being vigilant to your surroundings with a situational awareness. How tall are you as a man? How tall is your wife? If you are six feet tall and she is five feet tall; she has a very difference experience than you when in the presence of others. Make her know she can count on you to protect her.
7) Work With Her Moods, Not Against Them. Most husbands get aggravated with their wife because they are not translating her moods correctly. When husbands listen, they interpret that they are doing a lousy job and are not appreciated for their effort. Men, don’t take things so personally. Sometimes a wife is moody because she is tired or not feeling good. It may have nothing to do with the husband. Keep this mind next time it seems that your wife is having amnesia about how great your marriage is or if you feel she has forgotten what a great husband you are.
“There is nothing nobler or more admirable than when two people who see eye to eye keep house as man and wife, confounding their enemies and delighting their friends.” ~ Homer
8) Don’t Talk Ugly To Her. No matter how stressed out you are or how difficult your wife may be; don’t call her names. Even if she responds with sarcasm or mean words; don’t return her words. I know this doesn’t sound fair. Most of what I’m saying here isn’t fair. This isn’t about fairness. This is about being a man of honor and respect. Being a man who can maintain this position of being a good man even when things are tough.
9) Make Her Your Priority. If your wife asks you for some assistance with something; stop what you’re doing and help her. Don’t make a habit of always putting her off and telling her you’ll get to it later. This is not a “Yes Dear” mentality but rather chivalry in action.
“Let the wife make the husband glad to come home, and let him make her sorry to see him leave.” ~ Martin Luther
Mark Webb is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in private practice at South Georgia Psychiatric and Counseling Center in Valdosta. He is the author of How To Be A Great Partner. Mark has been in the field of helping individuals and couples since 1986. He has a vast amount of experience and he can have a very positive impact on your life and your relationship. If you are looking for individual or marriage counseling, please call his office in Valdosta, Georgia and his staff will help you set up an appointment.
South Georgia Psychiatric and Counseling Center
2704 N. Oak St. Blg B-3
Valdosta, Georgia 31602